Monday, September 19, 2011

Oh my gosh! We're in Brussels!

First, I have to say, I am thinking of Kate A. who actually lived here! Hi Kate, from Brussels!!! And FINALLY!!! An Internet connection...woohoo! Backing up, we spent 3 nights in Amsterdam...at first I didn't like our room; small and awkward, but got used to it. The people were great and the breakfast was totally European! Yogurts, cereals, fruit, all types of bread, jams, coffees, juice, meats and cheeses, tomatoes and cucumbers!!! What more could a girl want??? ;) So, Amsterdam is a wonderful city, and we totally enjoyed it!
We took the train to Brussels today, and are presently in our room. Once again, booked by Enn from the computer. It's a nice room, could use new carpeting, but the bathroom and bedroom sparkle. It's VERY near the train station, and very often we have heard sirens go by our room...I brought earplugs and Enn brought earphones so we should do ok.
As soon as we checked into our room we took the train back, one station, to the Central Station, and enjoyed quite a while in the Grand Place, which has the outstanding City Hall and a museum that dates back to about 1698....It was destroyed by war in 1695 and rebuilt.....We reserved a tour for tomorrow around Brussels ... Here's a site from the Grand Place with photos:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Grand+Place+Brussels&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=YVO&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1YN3Tr-5BMvoOda9_KwK&ved=0CFYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=610
So...it's been a great vacation and we're having a great time. Sorry I didn't get the photos on, but, I will try now...Enn went out and got sandwiches, so I could wash this hair of mine ...after off and on rain in Amsterdam my hair looked like a broom stick (the broom part!)
Oh, I forgot to say, in Amsterdam we went in the Van Gogh Museum...I am now coming home to start painting, I swear!
Last thing, but the MOST important! Tomorrow is Elora day (almost!) ONE MONTH TO GO!!! I am so excited!!! I can't wait to get home and wait for her!!!!!!!
That's it from Brussels, Belgium! Stay tuned for more and thanks for reading this!!!!

4 comments:

  1. i tried commenting and my computer or the website froze up... basically just said glad you like amsterdam, and have a happy Elora day. we are excited too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathey and Enn - you made it to my "home town"!!! I love Brussels - lived there until I was 14!! Have you had a waffle yet? You must try one!! Pomme Frittes with mayonnaise - yum!! Looking forward to seeing the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate and everyone! We had a wonderful day in Brussels and thought about you, Kate alllll day! I took lots and lots of photos for you, but DARN it! We are struggling to get them on the computer. They are IN the computer but we can't get them to Kodak Gallery or Picasa, etc. We will try again...I need your address so I can mail my postcard to you from here!!! I have your old SR address with me! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS YES! We had a wonderful waffle with whipped cream and chocolate drizzled on top! Yummy! Now we want to learn to make them like that! Saw people dipping fries in mayo, but I asked for catsup! Just can't do the mayo thing...yet!

    ReplyDelete